Ellipsometry is a techniquem which is widely used in semiconductor technology. Probably the most popular usage of ellipsometry is an estimation of a thickness and a complex optical refractive index of an thin transparent layer. However the ellipsometer alone can only measure a change of the light polarization due to reflection from an investigated sample. Thus the crucial part of any ellipsometry setup is a softwere or other tool, which can quickly solve so called: ellipsometry problem. Namly do deconvolution of the thickness and the refractive index from an ellipsometry measurement.
- support for the single wavelength null type ellipsometer
- modeling ellipsometry parameters (del, psi) for single layer on the substrate
- fitting function for finding the refractive index and/or the thickness of the optical film
- C++11 / Matlab
- Test Units with Google Test and Mock libraries
Git repository: Git Repo Ellip
Papers related to this work:
- S. M. Lis, “Fabrication and characterization of sol-gel planar waveguides for integrated optoelectronics”, Graduation Thesis, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland (2006) – the main research from this thesis was presented on 4th Students Scientific Conference (KNS), Wroclaw, Poland, the paper was awarded as a best oral presentation.